Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Took my BRAT on it's maiden voyage 6 years in the making. It was only to the end of the street and back but that is the furthest it's moved in over 10 years.

Also took my Outback wheelin' today with a friend and his Heep, err Jeep, down a new trail today. Did much better than expected but had to be helped up one last foot and weighted down twice I think. Burnt the clutch and smoked the tires a bit as well in a few places but had fun. Made me REALLY wish I had a low range and lockers but one can only wish til funds are allotted. Also hit my oil pan so won't be doing any new wheelin' til I get a skid plate made up :eek:. Got some parts on video and will post when I get from my friend.

Well I will start with Saturday which was to replace Rad and get my fan working off new switch instead of always on.. :banana:

Yesterday started replacing Exhaust gasket and made a serious mess of things.. Stripped threads..

Today I have at least a temporary fix on the exhaust time will tell.. Thanx Turbone for your Subi Jedi powers.

Got my 84GL through emissions with the Weber! and now I have a nice assortment of jets to handle any altitude. at 6500ft, it passed emissions with the 115 jets. anything bigger, and she failed, anything smaller, and it has a lean misfire. runs strongest with 125's. I am so glad to be done with that!

Could I ask about the Jettings... :confused: ...125 on Low or on High Stage?

Kind Regards.

both main jets, the ones in the fuel bowl of the weber, are 125s. I didn't have to mess with the idle jet, emulsion tubes, acc. pump squirter or anything else.

when you say high or low stage...do you mean the primary or secondary?

...when you say high or low stage...do you mean the primary or secondary?

Yes, Primary and Secondary.

My Redline-Weber kit (K731) Came Jetted for the EA82 with Both 140, but after Many Tests I let the Carb to Stay with 140 on Primary and I Changed the Secondary to 162, for Optimum performance and that's somehow the Top that carb allows to Run on the EA82 before the mixture turns Too rich...

WeberReJetting.jpg

...But here the Cars run without emmission's control Stuff. (No Cat, etc...)

More info on Post Nº 4 of This Thread:

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
Misspelled Word

Noticed my blue wagon was a bit sloppy on the road. So I checked the tire pressures: LF: 25, RF: 30, LR: 20, RR: 23 cold. :eek: ! So, I brought the cold pressures up to 35 on the front and 32 in the rear. That should help my stability and mileage but will cut a little in the ride quality department, but a good compromise in my book.

Our average air temp highs have dropped from 90 to 73 - makes a difference on tire pressures. ;)

Edited by subynut
another thought

...But here the Cars run without emmission's control Stuff.

If I lived in another county, I wouldn't have to either but...:rolleyes:

I wish I could run jets that big too! it'd be great havin all that oxygen to burn. it's pretty thin where I'm at though.

my cat is gutted, EGR isn't hooked up... frankly I'm surprised I got it to pass at all

both main jets, the ones in the fuel bowl of the weber, are 125s. I didn't have to mess with the idle jet, emulsion tubes, acc. pump squirter or anything else.

when you say high or low stage...do you mean the primary or secondary?

I have 125 primary and 130 secondary (for when I FLOOR it) on the ea82. I upped the air correctors a size or so, as well. I don't really drive this vehicle below 6500 feet. Only higher. When I get above 9000 ft I close the idle mixture screw 1/4 turn and it runs perfectly at each altitude.

This means it's gutless at 6500 and gutless at 10000 ft, but she runs perfectly smooth. I got the restriction dialed in on the kegerator, too. :drunk:

Replaced the torn steering rack boot on the drivers side of my Outback. I guess the weekend thrashing did it's toll. Steering rack boot, drivers axle boot:mad:, dented the crap outta my oil pan, dented the rockers some more and bent the pinch welds on the drivers side as well and bending my bumper and scratching the heck outta the passenger side paint.

Oilpandentbottom.jpgOilpandentfront.jpg

Really need to get a bash pan for the front to protect that pan!!!

Will have more pics later if all goes well.

But was still fun wheelin'.

Move south...?

Sure, move to the southwest and replace rotting frame rails and moldy carpets with dry rotted anything plastic, rubber, and electrical, sun burned paint, and sun disintegrated cloth with a side of sandblasted windscreens!:D

And to keep things on topic: fixed the MAP/BARO code by reattaching the vacuum line to the evap system on my parents 97 Outback.

Yes, Primary and Secondary.

My Redline-Weber kit (K731) Came Jetted for the EA82 with Both 140, but after Many Tests I let the Carb to Stay with 140 on Primary and I Changed the Secondary to 162, for Optimum performance and that's somehow the Top that carb allows to Run on the EA82 before the mixture turns Too rich...

WeberReJetting.jpg

...But here the Cars run without emmission's control Stuff. (No Cat, etc...)

More info on Post Nº 4 of This Thread:

Kind Regards.

interesting... I'm running both mains with 155 jets...

Um, I don't think your math is right. Cross-sectional area of the bore is (pi)r^2 and since pi's cancel when you get it all written out: Try the square root of (70^2 + 81^2) = 107, so an equivalent single jet of about 214 wide open.

155 jets on both would be the square root of [(2)(77.5^2)] = 110 so an equivalent single wot jet of 220.

That is all with rounding to sig-figs, of course. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to be supplying inaccurate information on this forum. :) By the way, I totally respect the contributions Loyale 2.7 Turbo has made to this forum. I'm just keepin' it real.

Edited by kanurys

... I'm just keepin' it real.

I wonder if I wrote something unreal ... well, never mind.

I Wasn't trying to be Scientific accurate, all I was asking is:

... Could I Ask if your Subie Runs a Li'l bit Rich on Low (Primary) Stage? ... any Black Exhaust? ...

...and my Question remains unanswered.

Kind Regards.