Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Muffler question

vagen

Glad you question was answered!

Not to hi-jack this or anything but, I have a Cherry Bomb Turbo muffler 2" in and out and I'm gonna run it on my EA82. the plan is to reuse the stock mullfers pipe since it has the correct bends in it. Now the stock pipe is 1-7/8 IIRC. So I'm hopeing the 2" muffler will slip over the stock pipe pretty good so I can weld it. if not, does anyone have any pictures on how they ran this muffler using the stock mufflers pipe? I know SoobieDoo did what I am trying to do, but he doesn't have any pictures at the moment. I just need something so I get an idea on what I need to do, to make this work.

Any help?

-Tom :)

I used a Magnaflow SS muffler on my Brat. Not overly aggressive on sound but you wouldn't mistake it for stock. Originally used a "turbo" three chamber muffler from Autozone. First one got split down the side when I was having carb problems and the ol Brat backfired. Second one rusted out at the inlet. So got tired of messing with them and went with a Magnaflow, 2"inlet and outlet with a 2" exhaust pipe from the Y pipe back. Been installed about 2 years now.

A 2" muffler is a slip fit to the factory exhaust pipe to answer your question The Loyale.

I used a Magnaflow SS muffler on my Brat. Not overly aggressive on sound but you wouldn't mistake it for stock. Originally used a "turbo" three chamber muffler from Autozone. First one got split down the side when I was having carb problems and the ol Brat backfired. Second one rusted out at the inlet. So got tired of messing with them and went with a Magnaflow, 2"inlet and outlet with a 2" exhaust pipe from the Y pipe back. Been installed about 2 years now.

A 2" muffler is a slip fit to the factory exhaust pipe to answer your question The Loyale.

Thank you :)

-Tom