Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 and EA82 front disks the same?

Just want the title says i think ill have better luck finding an EA82 at a yard than an EA81. I need new rotors and calipers since mine is a 83 with non-vented rotors and they are warped. Are EA82 vented rotors the same as EA81? Calipers bolt on? Or is everything in there pretty different?

Edited by hatchsub

By 8 spoke variety do you mean Enkeis? I have aftermarket Enkei wheels so they might not clear the caliper. At any rate thats more work than i was hoping for just for a set of decent disk brakes. I guess ill cross fingers that there is an EA81 in the yard with vented rotors so i can at least grab the calipers.

By 8 spoke variety do you mean Enkeis? I have aftermarket Enkei wheels so they might not clear the caliper. At any rate thats more work than i was hoping for just for a set of decent disk brakes. I guess ill cross fingers that there is an EA81 in the yard with vented rotors so i can at least grab the calipers.

If I were you, I would just buy a brand new set along with new rotors. Rockauto has loaded front calipers for $47.79 each (Beck/Arnley - which is often repackaged OEM). It's just not worth the trouble to buy used one's with these - the integrated parking brake makes them a pain to rebuild if you don't have the right tools and by the time you add the cost of the used one's plus the rebuild kits plus new pads plus your time..... I'm not thinking you would save more than $50 tops. Just not worth the frustration.

GD

Yea i was more asking for the actual rotors and stuff since im short on money. I think i will just save up and get rebuilt calipers and new rotors. I can get a pair of drilled and slotted for 100 bucks on ebay. Not really sure if its worth it or not though since i can get normal ones for the pair for 40. Extra 60 bucks....